Lyrics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lyrics

Hier könnt Ihr eure eigenen Liedtexte veröffentlichen. Bitte denkt dran selbige Jugendfrei zu halten. Bitte bedenkt ebenfalls, dass eure Texte theoretisch jederzeit von jedem kopiert/geklaut werden können,

You are not connected. Please login or register

NORDIC ZAGA " LONGBOAT "

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NORDIC   ZAGA           " LONGBOAT " Empty NORDIC ZAGA " LONGBOAT " Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:33 am

Paul Michael Kennelly

Longboat. by Paul Kennelly June 2008

build me a longboat, the best in the land, build me a longboat, this I command

fine rope you shall fashion, to rack up the sail, boards that are supple, to withstand a gale

so it’s down with the keel and up with the mast, the finest of wood to make the boat last

we build it for Odin and all of our gods, with only the best of our iron and logs

the sail is of linen, strong in the weave, upon it, the Raven , to make our foes grieve

now that it’s built, fill it with stores, axes and ring coats, shields and swords

make ready provisions, all lend a hand, to sail us across to the old Pictish lands
make sail, set sail, pull on your oars, give thanks unto Odin and our folk on the shores

we shall return with silver and gold and those who do not with the gods they’ll grow old

make sail, set sail, you warrior band, ‘tis a fine ship you’ve builded- the best in the land.

http://www.toymuseumwales.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum