Lyrics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lyrics

Hier könnt Ihr eure eigenen Liedtexte veröffentlichen. Bitte denkt dran selbige Jugendfrei zu halten. Bitte bedenkt ebenfalls, dass eure Texte theoretisch jederzeit von jedem kopiert/geklaut werden können,

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Late Charlie Parker

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The  Late  Charlie  Parker Empty The Late Charlie Parker Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:23 am

Paul Michael Kennelly

The Late Charlie Parker by Paul Kennelly 12th march 2010

Whash’nton Mem’ry Gardens where theys takin’ me
I checked out of this life a week ago

while fixin. up the T.V. mast , I fell into the yard, an’ now I’m dead as doornails aint that so ?

They got a little spot fer me beside a Chestnut tree, I guess the roots will take my flesh , for nourishment , you see

a simple board set at my head , with this sentiment
, “ The T.V.’s workin’ fine , but the aeriel is bent

chorus

So it’s goodbye Charlie Parker , we stick ya in the soil
put up a wooden marker an’ thankya fer your toil

you were Chicago’s finest , a Vetren of the War
yer bodies in the ground now , you don’t need it anymore

Well I was there at Omaha , back in ’44, the lead was flyin’ fast around my head
we hit the beach a runnin’ , I closed my eyes an ‘ prayed
the whole Platoon around me lyin’ dead

Then I had ma’ Harley Bike when Elvis was the thing , one night I hit a Semi haulin hogs
I knows I flew right through the air, I don’t recall a thing
I waked up in the outhouse with the dogs

In ’68 I braked my leg while skatin’ on the lake , fell through a hole and nearly drownded dead
later that year I lost an eye when I treads on a rake an’ spent six weeks confin’ed to my bed

I stumbled through the eighties wit’ not a lot to say, although I did write off my Cadillac
I was stoney broke , wit’ all theys bills to pay, ‘an in ’98 I slipped an’ broke my back

An so fer thee Millenheham, a gets a T.V. set, to watch all theys do’s an goin’s on
I climbed upon my rezeedence an’ fallin’ off I met , my Waterloo, an’ now I’m dead an’ gone

http://www.toymuseumwales.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum